Hello, my name is Karen Feltham and I’m the Clerk to the Governing Board at Brighstone Primary School.
Every school has a clerk to the governing board who is responsible for the administration. The clerk is also there to give legal and procedural advice.
I am your first contact point if you need to contact the governors. My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are five types of Governors at Brighstone.
• Parent Governors elected by parents, bringing the view of parents to the Governing Body but they speak and act as individuals. They should not be thought of as delegates or “mouth pieces” of parents.
• Teacher/Support Staff Governors elected by and from amongst the staff of the school, they may be presumed to reflect views shared by their fellow member of staff
• LA Governors are appointed by the local education authority and may include elected members of the authority or its Education Committee
• Foundation Governors appointed by the Diocese and Parochial Church Council
• The Head Teacher is automatically a Governor, as Head of the School
The Governors continually monitor and reflect upon the work of the school to ensure that Brighstone Primary continues to achieve high standards and provides an excellent learning environment.
The Governors at Brighstone Primary welcome the views of parents. Minutes of the Governors’ meetings and Governor information are available upon request, please contact me on email@example.com