In April 2013 the Government announced new funding of 150 million for Physical Education (PE) and Sport often referred to as a Sport Premium. This funding is to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision.
DFE guidance how to use the P.E. and Sport Premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
At Brighstone, we are proud of the current P.E. curriculum provision and of the wealth of extra-curricular opportunities that we provide for our pupils. Sporting Clubs include; Football, Cricket, Tag Rugby, Multi Skills, Athletics, Tennis and many more.
Most of our P.E. is provided by professional sports coaches from PSSC, Premier School Sports Coaching .
We also have a dedicated boys and girls Football team that take part in regular fixtures with other Primary schools and are run by members of staff, Mr Ben Givens and Mrs Mary Snow, respectively.
Quote from one of our former Sports Coaches, Mr Ash Goldsmith
“I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone at Brighstone Primary. The last two days (Sports Days) have been the perfect last two days at the school for me. I have loved every second of the past 16 months I’ve been at Brighstone and will miss every single one of you. Hopefully I can get back before too long but I will definitely see you all soon. It is the BEST school I’ve ever been to without a doubt!”
For details of our SPORTS FUNDING and P.E. Curriculum, click on the link below.
If you have any further queries, please contact our school office.